Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goddess of the Last Minute

My friends have borrowed a phrase from Robbi Joy Eklow in calling me Goddess of the Last Minute, but I have to confess they've hit the nail on the head. I seem to be one of those people that works best to a deadline. So the last few days, when I should have calmly continued packing and planning for Uganda, I've been madly stitching on my entry for the CQA (Canadian Quilters' Association) NJS (National Juried Show). I'll post a photo of the finished quilt, once I hear if it's been accepted to the show or not. In the meantime, I'd best get back to work . . .

2 comments:

  1. Pippa, I am so glad to have found your blog through Val Hearder's African Threads blog. I wish you courage and happiness for your upcoming Uganda trip. Congratulations on that.
    And re: the juried show entry. From what I can see, it looks gorgeous. I know that you will get it done in time for the photo deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa!
    Your blog entries are really interesting. I'm impressed with the depth of the project! Enpowering these African women is so important. Wishing you clear sailing on your trip. You are booked for the RidgeMeadows Guild ... I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete