Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Visit to Calgary

I've just arrived home from a week in Calgary, where I was warmly welcomed by both the Piecemakers Quilt Guild and the Quilted Mouse Guild. The classes were a lot of fun, filled as they were with very creative people. I thought you would enjoy seeing some works in progress from the Ferns and Flowers class. I love the way every quilt is different, even though everyone starts off with the same templates. It just confirms that we each have our own sense of design and of colour. What a pleasure it is seeing these emerge!


I'm looking forward to seeing these again when they're finished, when the borders and quilting have been added. In the meantime each of their compositions will add a little spring to their lives, until the real thing arrives. I even experienced a snow storm while I was in Calgary, and they tell me it may not be the last one of the season yet. A big thank you to all of you for four great classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment