Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back home from Ottawa and Beaconsfield

I have just returned home from a two week trip back east, during which I taught several workshops both in Ottawa area and Beaconsfield, Quebec and presented three Trunk Shows on my adventures in Africa, particulary with the Bitengye Designers. I thought you would enjoy seeing a few photos taken during one of the Journalling workshops. It never fails to amaze me how creative women are, and during this workshop that creativity bubbles to the surface. Asking the question "what if I . . .?", and then doing it is so liberating. It made me itchy to get back at making some journal quilts again myself.









The time spent in Ottawa was particularly sweet, as it gaveme the opportunity to see some old friends, and to make the reacquaintance of others. Ann McLean, of The Country Quilter in Richmond, just outside Ottawa, is someone I first met when we lived in Ottawa in the late 80's. When we met up again in Portland last year, she invited me to come and teach at her shop. We learned that we not only have a shared interest in quilting, but also in work in Uganda. It's a small world, as they say. A huge thank-you to all of you who made my journey so enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment