Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kitambaa visits Grand Forks

I'm just home from a wee road trip to Grand Forks, situated along the southern border between BC and Washington state, well on the way to Alberta. We drove through the fertile farmland of the lower Mainland, then up amongst the mountains of Manning Park, through the fruit growing and wine-making lands of Osooyos and Keremeos, then down into the Kettle Valley and Grand Forks. The quilt show was great, with lots of participation from all levels of quilters, and tea and goodies served to all who visited. A highlight of the trip for me was being able to visit with friends Kim and Denise, both known to me from visits to Gibsons. Another was visiting a new-to-me quilt shop - Heart 'n Sole. What a delightful setting - in a period house on a tree-lined street. Bolts and bolts of fabric, and lots of brights - you will be surprised to hear that I couldn't leave without a few new pieces to add to my collection!





I'm also pleased to be able to tell you that Heart n' Sole will now be carrying my patterns.



No comments:

Post a Comment