Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Vernon Silver Star Quilters' Guild

I have had quite a month, with a week-long visit to Vernon and then a weekend visit to Powell River. I taught workshops and gave Trunk Shows in both locations, and thought you would be interested to see some of the work going on in the classes. So first, here are some of the "journal pages" being worked on in the "Joys of Journalling" workshop - a play day in which a variety of not-so-usual techniques are made into original design "pages". Couching, designing with simple shapes, making wedge strips and wonky log cabins were some of the exercises undertaken. I think you will agree that the results are wonderful!
The hospitality I received in Vernon was phenomenal, as was the enthusiasm and supportive response of the Gathering of the Guilds on the Saturday. More than 400 quilters from 20 Guilds attended this event, and it was here that I gave my talk "Travels with my Treadle", an account of Kitambaa's Sewing and Quilting Project. It's a good thing that a new shipment of placemats, cushion covers, wallhangings and bags is due to arrive next week, as many items have been ordered by those attending this terrific gathering. Stay tuned to this blog over the next few days to see more inspiring photos . . .

2 comments:

  1. This must have been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I work at the Vernon homeless shelter and some quilters donated these absolutely beautiful quilts for the shelter and we'd like to thank them...would anybody know who made them?

    al_sonic@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete