Monday, May 18, 2009

The Animal Quilt

Last week and this, I have been home for more than a few days for the first time in ages. And yes, there were piles of mail to be sorted through and winter clothes to be put away and a garden crying out for attention. But I chose to make an animal quilt instead. I have had plans to play with the Shweshwe indigo prints from South Africa that I import for some time, and this was the perfect opportunity. In combination with some hand-embroidered animals I had purchased from Langa Lapu (also in South Africa), they made up into a cheerful wall-hanging suitable for a child's room. Right now it is only known as The Animal Quilt. Any other ideas for a name? I am making up 12 kits complete with fabrics and animals and easy-to-follow instructions for this quilt, ready to take to Quilt Saskatchewan next week.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the indigo prints!

    How about:

    My Animal Friends (wall hanging)
    Safari Friends
    Quilt Safari
    African Animals
    Indigo Animal wall hanging

    Whatever you name it, people will love it.

    dawne

    ReplyDelete