Monday, July 17, 2017

My Studio in the Woods

 I am only just home from a week of camping. 
Beautiful sunshine, and life pared down to its essentials -
a comfy bed, good food, and good company.
 Looking through the trees to the lake,
watching the squirrels and listening to the birdsong.
 And looking way, way up to the trees whispering overhead.
 Collecting new leaves to press, and later to print,
 Noticing the dappled light on alders along the shore,
Marvelling at the unique shape, not only of each leaf, but also of each branch.  
 Taking a little time to hand-stitch an indigo piece in progress,
And to jot down some of my ideas for possible future work, as well as getting back to my early morning journalling practice.
Sometimes I forget how important it is to get outdoors and live amongst the trees for a time.
So sweet. Such a gift. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment