Wednesday, May 12, 2010

African Collage class in Winnipeg

One of the best parts of being a teacher is the opportunity it gives me to travel to different parts of the country and to meet quilters all the way from the west coast to the east coast. Today I'm happy to show you the work of some of the quilters I met in Winnipeg in April. I was there to teach one of my design classes, African Collage, and always enjoy these. It's marvellous watching as each of the students brings her own interpretation to the making of her own quilted work. Each one is unique, in spite of all starting with similar fabrics. By the end of the second day of the workshop everyone's pieces are up on the wall - some are almost completed. I thought you'd enjoy seeing just a few examples from these students - still "works in progress", still mighty impressive. I had the opportuntiy to teach this same class again at Quilt Canada in Calgary, and look forward to receiving photos of their finished pieces as well. All have been most impressive!









No comments:

Post a Comment